The Rotaract Club of SIU was established in 2008 on the campus premise. The purpose of Rotaract is to provide an opportunity for young men and women to enhance the knowledge and skills that will assist them in personal development to address the physical and social needs of their communities and to promote better relation between all people world-wide through a framework of friendship and service. The club concentrates on program like blood donation, AIDS awareness Seminar and so on.
Rotaract has the following goals –
- To develop professional and leadership skills
- To emphasize respect for the rights of others based on recognition of the worth of each individual
- To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve
- To recognize, practice and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems and opportunities in the community and worldwide
- To provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill toward all people.